Whenever someone gets those two lines on a pregnancy kit, their mind fills with happiness. But slowly the concerns regarding the child and the mother’s health start creeping in.
Miscarriages are a traumatic event in anyone’s life! Whether it occurs in the first two months or later, it’s bound to scar you for life. So, it is very imperative to take special care to avoid such circumstances.
Let’s take a glance at the commonly asked questions regarding miscarriage:
- Is spotting a sign of miscarriage?
Spotting is not always a sign or symptom for abortion. However, it might sometimes point towards a pending fiasco. Losing the foetus at an early stage is mostly accompanied by pain and heavy bleeding. But, then again that is also not a compulsion. Sometimes a woman can lose her baby in the first trimester without any sign.
- How will I find out if abortion has occurred?
Most gynaecologists say that it is usually accompanied by heavy bleeding, nausea and muscle cramps in the stomach area or constant pain. But, some women might not experience any specific feeling even after the foetus is lost. A case might be so that it is caught while doing an ultrasonography scan. Hence, there are no such signs to denote that abortion has occurred.
- Does the age of a man/woman have any negative impact on the foetus?
Well, yeah increasing age does have an adverse impact on the fertility of eggs and the quality of sperms in women and men respectively. After the age of 40, it becomes quite difficult for a woman to conceive because the eggs start losing their fertility factor due to the stress and pressure of everyday life. Similarly, for a male, the motility and the fertilising element of the sperm becomes poor after the age of 45. Thus, it is advisable to try for a baby by the age of 40.
- When can we try to conceive again?
This is the question probably everyone wants to know. Doctors’ advice to wait until the bleeding stops completely. It is even better if one can wait up till their first two periods after a miscarriage that’ll also help in dating the time of pregnancy.
But, the most important thing is to try again only when both the partners felt fit and connected emotionally.
- What can I do to prevent the risk of having a miscarriage?
There are a number of factors which might help in having a healthy baby and avoiding the chances of abortion.
- Try to maintain a healthy diet, consult a dietician, and if needed add some folic acid supplements.
- Stop smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Try to stay in a non-toxic and stress-free environment so that mind remains fresh and the body healthy.
- Remember, the gynaecologist is your BFF. Consult them prior to consuming anything new or changing your diet. Do not hesitate to share any specific feeling you might get.
Well, there are many other aspects to look out for whilst a lady is pregnant. Make sure to take proper care of the mother and child.
Do some more research over the internet, and read books. Getting pregnant is not less than a boon!
Book an appointment for IVF treatment – https://www.ihpmedical.com/ivf-fertility-treatments-dubai/