- What is a medical tourism company?
International Health Plus acts on your behalf to facilitate you between your medical service provider i.e. clinic or hospital when undergoing a medical treatment or procedure. We will arrange appointments at your convenience with a time and a date that suits you.
- Why do prices vary for medical treatments with various service providers?
Depending on country of your choice for your treatment, fees will vary due to the rates they charge and whether a service providers fee is inclusive or additional treatment requires further fees. Different countries will have different treatment.
- How much does IHP charge for its services and what’s it for?
IHP’s administrative service fees are for sourcing information and liaising on your behalf and with your chosen provider. This will include emails, calls, posting and delivering your documents. Our fees start from £250 which may vary depending on the complexity of your case. You will be quoted once we’ve established what your requirements may be.
- How do you select your hospitals and clinics?
We individualise your treatment at your convenience with treatment options that match your procedures with various hospitals and clinics.
- Do you provide medical advice?
IHP does not provide medical advice, however we relay advice from our medical providers and their consultants. We can arrange skype consultations and clinics or over the phone consultants.
- I am looking for a specific treatment that I cannot find on your website. Can you help with this?
There are a vast range of medical treatments available worldwide which we have access to the finest doctors and consultants. If we have not cited it on our website please an enquiry to our team though out contact us page and we can assist in your arrangements. We are constantly updating our website and therefore all medical queries are welcome.
- When I contact IHP, what information do I have to provide?
When you contact IHP, one of our dedicated team members will ask questions and advise at the time of what information you will be asked to provide. General questions in the first instance will be required e.g. Name, DOB, Age and location (whether you are in the UK or not). As well as a medical history (relevant to your query) and any results, reports that you have had pertaining to your query.
- Can I trust IHP with my medical documents and sensitive personal information?
We are registered with information commissioner’s office (ICO) under registration reference- ZA235077. You can find information on the public register of data controllers which is available online at www.ico.org.uk /register.
- Can I speak with a doctor?
Yes. We can arrange a skype or conference call with a doctor (please note fees may be applicable).
- You advertise on your website that you assist in arranging VISA’s, do I need one? And if so, how do you assist?
If you are travelling abroad or into the UK, some countries may require a VISA to enter the UK. If you are travelling from a country that does require a VISA then yes, it is necessary. We assist by providing the supporting documentation for e.g. once an appointment has been arranged we will send confirmation of that appointment from the provider. Whether you’re travelling to and from the UK please check if you require a travel VISA as IHP will not be held responsible should you have needed one.
- Will you contact my own doctor and do I have to tell my doctor if I am travelling abroad?
We would strongly advise if you are travelling abroad to seek your doctor’s medical advice as depending on your reason for travelling certain countries may require vaccinations. Also, if you are currently on specific medications you may not be able to fly so please check or consult with your doctor.
- Are there any medical risks for me travelling abroad for treatment?
There are always risks when travelling abroad, please check with your local doctor if you have any medical concerns.
- Will the NHS cover any of my costs?
No, all the treatments and procedures are privately paid for.
- Will the doctors and team abroad speak my language?
We have a vast network of English speaking doctors in the UK and abroad. If you would prefer someone of a multi lingual please advise IHP if you have a specific request.
- How long will be treatment abroad be for?
Every treatment differs for the length of time you would need for your procedure but our consultants work on individual cases and will assess how long you would need to be abroad for or at a clinic or hospital near or in your home town.
- Do I have to be over a certain age to sign up with you and seek treatment abroad?
If you are under 18 you will need a parent or guardian to contact us for authorisation.
- Will rehabilitation therapy be included in my medical package?
This will depend on the medical provider and the package they will create for you subject to your treatment.
- Can I have more than one procedure during the same abroad?
Yes, this can be possible. However, it will depend on your treatment and what your requirements may be.
- Are there risks to travelling home after my treatment?
There is always a risk when travelling home after you have been abroad, however if you do have any medical concerns we recommend you contact your doctor prior to your travel.
- How does payment work? Do I pay IHP directly or the clinic or hospital?
IHP administrative fees are paid directly to IHP. The fees of the service provider i.e. clinic or hospital can be paid directly to them or IHP can arrange to pay the provider on your behalf by adding their fees to our invoice but please enquire for further information.
- Who can I bring with me to travel abroad for my treatment?
There are no restrictions on who you bring with you be it a partner, family or friends.
However, please be advised that their travel arrangements will not be organised or funded by IHP.
- Will the hospital or clinic cater to my dietary requirements?
If we are given adequate notice then yes, we can accommodate for certain dietary requirements.
- If my surgery does not go to plan and I require further treatment, what are the costs that will incur for this?
In the event of any complications we would advise speaking to your insurance company to ensure that you are covered should further treatment be needed. Therefore, we strongly state that if you are travelling abroad an annual travel insurance is mandatory.
- What paperwork will I be given abroad?
You will be given copies of any reports, scans and results of your treatment from both the clinic or hospital and IHP.
- What do I do if have any complications when I return home?
Upon returning home, please contact IHP and we will speak with the clinic or hospital but in the meantime please seek medical assistance in your home town.
- Would I be given medication to bring home with me?
Yes, depending on your treatment. If are flying and you have been advised to take medication at regular intervals then please keep the medication in your hand luggage along with the prescription or medical notes (for security reasons).
- If I am combining my treatment with a holiday will IHP help facilitate my holiday arrangement?
Yes, we will help in assisting you with accommodation, flights and transport.
- Do I need to get any tests prior to travelling abroad?
You may need to get some tests done prior to your treatment but this will all depend on what procedure you are undergoing.
- If I decide to not go ahead with the treatment, can I get my money back?
IHP operates a no fund policy, please see our full terms and conditions. However, we do look at each case individually and in exceptional circumstances either a part refund or booking to re-schedule whereby we can hold your payment for up to six months.
- Do I need travel insurance?
Yes, an annual travel insurance policy is mandatory.